Start Your Career in Solar and Renewable Energy
The solar and renewable energy job sector will be one of the fastest growing in the U.S. for the next decade.* And jobs in the solar and renewable energy industry pay well. Graduates can earn $76,710/year on average with 5 years experience with some earning as much as $94,238/year!**
Century College offers a short-term, one-semester Solar Assessor certificate and a two-year Energy Technical Specialist Associate in Applied Science degree leading to immediate employment in the Solar and Renewable Energy field.
*U.S. Department of Labor
Target Corporation Solar Scholarship Program
Century College and Target Corporation are working together to increase the number of diverse and non-traditional populations working in the Solar and Renewable Energy industry while helping to protect our planet from climate change.
New students of color and women enrolled in the Century College Solar Assessor certificate and Energy Technical Specialist degree program for Fall Semester 2021 may qualify to receive a scholarship toward tuition and supplies through the new Target Corporation Solar Energy Scholarship program.
The Target Corporation Solar Scholarship program will provide the following scholarships:
- 9 ($3,200) scholarships for tuition and supplies for the Solar Assessor certificate program
- 14 ($4,700) scholarships for tuition and supplies for the Energy Technical Specialist Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree
With low tuition rates and additional financial aid available at Century College, students can avoid loan debt while earning a credential in a high-demand, high-wage career field.
Solar & Renewable Energy Program Benefits
Students enrolled in the Century College Solar & Renewable Energy program will benefit from accelerated, flexible course offerings and exceptional student support, including:
- 8- and 16-week courses offered in a mix of online and in-person taught in cutting-edge labs by instructors who are experts in the solar and renewable energy field.
- Access to a variety of academic and student support services, including classroom support through the Century College "Tutors Linked to Classes" program
- Students receiving a scholarship through the Target Corporation Solar Scholarship program will participate in a student cohort to encourage team building, to share strategies for overcoming barriers, and to create a common sense of purpose